Skip to main content

Breakthrough...at last- 10/09/2007

So here I am, have come a long way and faced a lot of adversity, pain, rejection, loss of of parents, verbal and mental abuse, rape and I am still standing!!!!!All those years I thought I was worthless and not good enough.. Suddenly Having God on my side I realise that I deserve love...I have learnt and still am learning to love myself..

I love photography, I love capturing beautiful, magical moments into still life. I look at the photos of me and I see beauty, a softness and a radience beams out out of me.. I see a genuine heart that wants to love and help,A compassionate heart...A joyful counternance..There is so much beauty in me …Most importantly the Lord Jesus Christ dwells in my heart.I am learning to trust again and by God’s grace I survivedEach day I am growing, Each day I am learning, Every day in every way I am getting better and better..

Even that boy who hurt me doesn’t have a hold of me anymoreI have released him from my heart as well as the curses that resulted From him being in my life…..Now when I see him, I don’t let him get the best of meI can be in the same room as him and not cause any dramaEven his flashy cars,fancy trips around the world those flashy parties he throws and all his social climbing anticsdon’t affect me anymore…I have moved on..I don’t feel like his victim anymore..

Suddenly Lauren Hill's lyrics apply to my life:

As I look at what I've done
The type of life that I've lived
How many things I pray the father will forgive
One situation involved a young man
He was the ocean and I was the sand
He stole my heart like a thief in the night
Dulled my senses blurred my sight

I used to love him but now I don't
I used to love him but now I don't

I chose a road of passion and pain
Sacrificed too much and waited in vain
Gave up my power ceased being queen
Addicted to love like the drug of a fiend

Torn and confused wasted and used
Reached the crossroad which path would I choose
Stuck and frustrated I waited, debated
For something to happen that just wasn't fated
Thought what I wanted was something I needed
When momma said no I just should have heeded
Misled I bled till the poison was gone
and out of the darkness arrived the sweet dawn

I used to love him but now I don't
I used to love him but now I don't

Father you saved me and showed me that life
Was much more than being some foolish man's wife
Showed me that love was respect and devotion
Greater than planets deeper than any oceans
My soul was weary but now it's replenished
Content because that part of my life is finished

I see him sometimes and the look in his eye
Is one of a man who's lost treasures untold
But my heart is gold I took back my soul
And totally let my creator control
The life which was his to begin with

I used to love him but now I don't
I used to love him but now I don't

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls)

As many times as I’ve heard this poem. It moved me like never before at this point in my life. I almost lost it all. I almost made the choice to lose it all. I almost gave another total control of my future. I almost allowed him to walk away with my sanity, my self worth, and my life. I became unrecognizable and yet God was doing so much in my life.Taking me to world platforms, opening great and effectual doors and taking my gifts before Kings and yet I was casting my pearls before swines. He was so broken and I thought I could save him but in the end both of us needed to be saved.  So often we give so much of our self to one person till there's nothing left for you and you realize you gave some body all your stuff they didn't even have to take it. This is not the full poem I shortened it and personalised it.  Hope it inspires someone to get your stuff back! Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls) ***I personalised and added my own n

The Grace on my life....

But by the  grace  of God I am what I am-  1 Corinthians 15:10 From as far as I can remember even as a little girl the grace of God has always been on my life in such a distinct way. It has been so distinct that it resulted in me being misunderstood and rejected by family and friends and left me apologetic for its presence in my life. By the end of my first term of first grade I had taught myself to read and I  read an entire high school novel and narrated the whole story in the novel to my parents who were shocked at my abilities. By second grade I was reading newspapers with my dad and he liked to move around with me showing off that his 7 year old could read a newspaper. By the time I was in third grade teachers marvelled at my reading abilities.I still have my report cards which say that at the age of 8 I actually read like a 13 year old! I was top of the class; on the few occasions I came second  was inconsolable. I excelled in swimming, hockey and athletics and drama an