Skip to main content

I CHOOSE TO LOVE

Does one stop loving because they have not received love in return for theirs?
Does one stop giving because they have not been thanked?
Does one stop trusting because they have been cheated?

The urge to build a wall and shut out everyone because of the fear of being rejected, cheated, misunderstood and maligned is quite strong but I choose to love selflessly like my Lord, He did not stop trusting Peter even though he had denied him three times,
He still entrusted Peter with the keys,

He was rejected and humiliated on the cross by people he loved, people who He wanted to redeem, people He had come on earth to set free, people whose broken hearts He had come to bind, whose eyes He had come to open, whose sins He had chosen to take upon His shoulders,
Whose pain He had chosen to bear in their place
-But still He loved and still today He loves regardless of what we do, and because He is LOVE will love till eternity.

Yes I will cry, but I will not wallow in self-pity and harden my heart, I will still love with vulnerability and compassion,
I will choose to forgive and move on to greater heights in the affected relationship.
I will still stretch out my hand in peace to my antagonists; my arms will be wide open for them when they need comfort.
I will still love because He still loves me when I hurt Him, when I disobey and when I go astray.

I will love despite the pain, hurt and the betrayal, I will love even more with abandonment. I will love even more loyally and with fervor and put the pain of the past behind me in order to love again.




Written By Tafadzwa Lillian Gotora
20/12/03

Comments

ScribblinScribe said…
This one is beautiful, Taffy! So full of truth!

Popular posts from this blog

Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls)

As many times as I’ve heard this poem. It moved me like never before at this point in my life. I almost lost it all. I almost made the choice to lose it all. I almost gave another total control of my future. I almost allowed him to walk away with my sanity, my self worth, and my life. I became unrecognizable and yet God was doing so much in my life.Taking me to world platforms, opening great and effectual doors and taking my gifts before Kings and yet I was casting my pearls before swines. He was so broken and I thought I could save him but in the end both of us needed to be saved.  So often we give so much of our self to one person till there's nothing left for you and you realize you gave some body all your stuff they didn't even have to take it. This is not the full poem I shortened it and personalised it.  Hope it inspires someone to get your stuff back! Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls) ***I personalised and added my own n

The Grace on my life....

But by the  grace  of God I am what I am-  1 Corinthians 15:10 From as far as I can remember even as a little girl the grace of God has always been on my life in such a distinct way. It has been so distinct that it resulted in me being misunderstood and rejected by family and friends and left me apologetic for its presence in my life. By the end of my first term of first grade I had taught myself to read and I  read an entire high school novel and narrated the whole story in the novel to my parents who were shocked at my abilities. By second grade I was reading newspapers with my dad and he liked to move around with me showing off that his 7 year old could read a newspaper. By the time I was in third grade teachers marvelled at my reading abilities.I still have my report cards which say that at the age of 8 I actually read like a 13 year old! I was top of the class; on the few occasions I came second  was inconsolable. I excelled in swimming, hockey and athletics and drama an