Skip to main content

In pursuit of purity...

After having been led by the Holy Spirit, when I was picking a book from the church library...I picked"Every Woman's battle" by Shannon Ethridge & Stephen Arterburn. I have only just started reading this book but have come to realise that God wants to restore me but for Him to restore me, I need to pursue purity, not just sexually but emotionally as well. I have so much I need to let go and some mindsets that have to go. The only way women can survive the intense struggle for sexual integrity is by guarding not just our bodies, but our minds and hearts as well... So I am on a quest to be the woman that God's called me to be.I am also reading "Questions Women Ask in Private" - by Norm Wright. These books are really enlightening and I think I am going to buy my own copy of the book by Norm Wright because it touched on questions that married women have and has parenting questions and answers ..great book. Thank you God for making such rich Christian material available to me.

Its such a beautiful and exciting process being established in my identity as a woman of God and Bride of Christ. I would really want to radiate the beauty of God. In the past guys have been so drawn to me but its always been because of my looks not who I am. Its almost like all they could see was my hips and yet its every woman's desire to be desired because of who we really are and not what we look like.

I realise when I listen to God and guard my heart , I will be able to savour and enjoy friendships with godly young men without too much pressure and expectation for the friendship to lead to marriage. I realise that was the case with my new friend Archie. Even though he does have the qaulities I desire in a husband, I realise that right now Archie is my brother and I really don't wanna miss his purpose in my life..I thank you that You Lord have given me the Spirit of love, power and a sound mind. I thank you Lord that even the vain imaginations that I have of Archie and these thoughts and feeling can be taken captive to make them obey Christ. I don't want to lose focus of saviour and husband. I therefore present my body to you Lord Jesus as a living sacrifice. I desire to be a carrier of your glory Lord....I need you Holy Spirit to help me produce the fruit of the Spirit and for me to radiate the beauty of God.

I think that the phrase "guarding your heart" has a lot of inferred meaning...and some meaning that is different for different people.
As a female, I think for me it has always been something like this:
*Control your emotions and don't make decisions about a guy based on how you "feel" alone. Really look at the facts, evaluate the person on every level and make an informed decision. Female emotions are a good thing, but they can get in the way if not kept in check.
*Do not rush into any kind of relationship with the opposite sex--including a friendship. I think it's easy to find someone that you feel like you click with and then spill everything about your past and who you are. Deep, connected relationships should be saved for a relationship that is nearing marriage. Share what is important and introduce other things about yourself gradually--as long as you're straightforward and not hiding anything that you would want to know if the tables were turned.
*Pray earnestly about this person. Until you know that each of you is on the same page, do not let down your guard emotionally or physically. Overall, guarding your heart is using Godly wisdom to guide your steps in an opposite sex relationship and keeping emotions in check.

Comments

ScribblinScribe said…
Great post! Purity seems so elusive, and I find myself looking for lists and details, but so often it boils down to keeping my heart fixed on Jesus! Another couple of amazing books are "Emotional Purity: An Affair of the Heart" by Heather Paulsen and "Authentic Beauty" by Leslie Ludy. Keep living for Jesus!
ladyakofa said…
Great to come across a fellow blogger, who is Christian and African and young like me! We share common interests you know, just that I haven't put so much stuff about myself on my profile.

Saw your comment on YLCF. Go figure.

Can we be friends? :)

Will send my e-mail address if you consent!
Taffy L.Gotora said…
Thank you so much for the encouragement my sisters..May God bless you
Thank you for this valuable post! I will look up the books you mentioned and order them online! Thank you for your comment on my blog. It's refreshing to see a girl who truly has a heart for God. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls)

As many times as I’ve heard this poem. It moved me like never before at this point in my life. I almost lost it all. I almost made the choice to lose it all. I almost gave another total control of my future. I almost allowed him to walk away with my sanity, my self worth, and my life. I became unrecognizable and yet God was doing so much in my life.Taking me to world platforms, opening great and effectual doors and taking my gifts before Kings and yet I was casting my pearls before swines. He was so broken and I thought I could save him but in the end both of us needed to be saved.  So often we give so much of our self to one person till there's nothing left for you and you realize you gave some body all your stuff they didn't even have to take it. This is not the full poem I shortened it and personalised it.  Hope it inspires someone to get your stuff back! Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls) ***I personalised and added my own n

The Grace on my life....

But by the  grace  of God I am what I am-  1 Corinthians 15:10 From as far as I can remember even as a little girl the grace of God has always been on my life in such a distinct way. It has been so distinct that it resulted in me being misunderstood and rejected by family and friends and left me apologetic for its presence in my life. By the end of my first term of first grade I had taught myself to read and I  read an entire high school novel and narrated the whole story in the novel to my parents who were shocked at my abilities. By second grade I was reading newspapers with my dad and he liked to move around with me showing off that his 7 year old could read a newspaper. By the time I was in third grade teachers marvelled at my reading abilities.I still have my report cards which say that at the age of 8 I actually read like a 13 year old! I was top of the class; on the few occasions I came second  was inconsolable. I excelled in swimming, hockey and athletics and drama an