Skip to main content

Archie...my new friend

Two days ago I met up with Archie. Archie is a guy I met through friends on the 22nd of December 2006. We were sitting with the same group of friends and we chatted for a while...and then Dakarai came along and I immediately switched from Archie to Dakarai..that in a way was a bad decision which I later regretted after realising that I had become another Dakarai statistic and just one of his trophy collection. I remember saying to my friend I " I should have just continued talking to Archie and never spoke to Dakarai coz I could tell Archie was a nice guy."

To cut a long story short...I never saw Archie again..until his sister added me as a friend on facebook and then my friend told me that the girl I had accepted as a friend was Archie's sister.. so I added him and we started talking again...and so May the 14th 2008 was our second meeting since December 2006.

So the meeting was profound in that we were so comfortable and talking about God, our callings and where God is taking us. He picked me up from work and we went to my pad and we watched a sermon on dvd by Dr. Mensa Otabil when He was speaking into the Zimbabwe situation and how God was raising up young Davids to slay this giant problem in Zimbabwe. After we watched the dvd we just chatted and he left.

Before I went to bed I got into a time of prayer and prayed in tongues for almost 2 hours then went to bed. I realise that Lord you allowed me to meet Archie because He is there to restore my confidence in Godly men since I had developed a disdain for them after several terrible experiences with them. For me Archie represents a real man ..a man of integrity... a man who's after God's heart and the fact that his passion is Men's ministry is a bonus. I don't know what the future holds but right now I intend to just savour the friendship and get to know him while I also learn from him and heal from past disappointment. I do not have high expectations ...its too early to tell, I will take each day as it comes....but I have been waiting for his call...and wow he has just sent me a text message...yay

I need to heal, I need to get over NN completely...and I need to continue to stand on the promise God made to me about how I would know my husband to me... The man I am going to marry will have these qualities...


Isaiah 11:2-3

"The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD -
and he will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears; " NIV Version

"The life-giving Spirit of God will hover over him, the Spirit that brings wisdom and understanding,The Spirit that gives direction and builds strength, the Spirit that instills knowledge and Fear-of-God.Fear-of-God will be all his joy and delight.He won't judge by appearances, won't decide on the basis of hearsay." The Message Bible version

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls)

As many times as I’ve heard this poem. It moved me like never before at this point in my life. I almost lost it all. I almost made the choice to lose it all. I almost gave another total control of my future. I almost allowed him to walk away with my sanity, my self worth, and my life. I became unrecognizable and yet God was doing so much in my life.Taking me to world platforms, opening great and effectual doors and taking my gifts before Kings and yet I was casting my pearls before swines. He was so broken and I thought I could save him but in the end both of us needed to be saved.  So often we give so much of our self to one person till there's nothing left for you and you realize you gave some body all your stuff they didn't even have to take it. This is not the full poem I shortened it and personalised it.  Hope it inspires someone to get your stuff back! Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls) ***I personalised and added my own n

The Grace on my life....

But by the  grace  of God I am what I am-  1 Corinthians 15:10 From as far as I can remember even as a little girl the grace of God has always been on my life in such a distinct way. It has been so distinct that it resulted in me being misunderstood and rejected by family and friends and left me apologetic for its presence in my life. By the end of my first term of first grade I had taught myself to read and I  read an entire high school novel and narrated the whole story in the novel to my parents who were shocked at my abilities. By second grade I was reading newspapers with my dad and he liked to move around with me showing off that his 7 year old could read a newspaper. By the time I was in third grade teachers marvelled at my reading abilities.I still have my report cards which say that at the age of 8 I actually read like a 13 year old! I was top of the class; on the few occasions I came second  was inconsolable. I excelled in swimming, hockey and athletics and drama an