Skip to main content

SIX THINGS ……….That you may not know about me…

1. I love reading….
Once I get hold of a good book I can read through the night and forget that my body needs to rest. I started reading the Ladybird books and Enid Blyton when I was a little girl .I never seemed to be able to put them books down…Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel, Little Women, Lorna Doone, What Katy did…I could go on coz I still remember them all .Then I discovered the bible and that altered the course of my life… When Norma Nyandoro-Nkomo my literature teacher introduced me to William Shakespeare I fell in love with his plots..His verse and yes I fell in love with Antonius from Julius Caesar (His famous speech "Friends, Romans, Countrymen lend me your ears ...I come to bury Caesar and not to praise him"...so I spent my time in the library reading "The Complete Works Of Shakespeare" because no one was allowed to take it home or the dictionary because I wanted to improve my vocabulary...homework was of no consequence to me all I wanted was a good book to read.
Now give me any books by Maya Angelou, John Grisham, Danielle Steele, C.S.Lewis, Jane Austen and any inspiring magazines, company annual reports..…Anything well written and expanding my knowledge I have to read.

2. Love is my highest & deepest desire...
In every form and fashion. I want to experience it in all the ways it was created to be. I want to love a child that is my own. I want to love a stranger. I want to love my spouse. I want to love a friend.
Most importantly I want to love God. This is one of the reasons why I cling to the Creator of my beliefs so tightly...because I've tried to love without Him, and I failed. I tried other ways, and I failed. The only way that I can totally experience and give love is to know its Source. Including His Son: Jesus Christ (because He exemplified Love in its essence). So you see, this isn't just a religion to me, it's a relationship.

3. I want lots of children...
I love kids on a level that's scary. Every time I see a child under 10, I go "Awww" to myself, and I feel a flutter inside my chest. It feels like love, almost. And that's weird because I don't have any kids of my own yet. It isn't that I think babies are adorable or innocent, but it's because of what they represent in the world. All you need is one look into the eyes of a brand new baby and then you know Perfection. There are many things that are trying to kill the potential of our children, and no one seems to sense the unspoken urgency that I do. So many children growing up before their time and missing out on their childhood.Plus, one of the highest privileges a woman can have is to be a mother (in my opinion).

4. I am insightful. ..
I say this not in boast, but I can tell when something’s wrong with people I barely know. Sometimes, I sense dishonesty and "evil". I have "bad feelings" that have usually been correct. At times I listen to this insight, and there are times when I ignore them much to my own detriment…. Then at times strangers just start pouring out their pain and issues to me and I do the best I can if it means just listening and giving counsel when I can.

5. I love to laugh...
Any type of humour is okay with me...even the style that is not too controversial. To a certain extent humor is only inappropriate within the context of its environment. (i.e.: You don't make blonde jokes at Rotary meeting.) As for my own sense of humour…its crazy….I laugh out really loudly sometimes to the point of tears and I like to end it the Zimbabwean way.(kurova maoko)!!!! I make people laugh…well I try because I struggle with taking things, most of all myself, too seriously

6. I love sport...
I love boating and any kind of sports, whether playing or watching as spectator…I am a loyal Man United fan and I fantasize about having tea with Sir Alex Fergusson and Wayne Rooney and Ryan Giggs after watching a game at Old Trafford. I am crazy about cricket …I used to do the scorebooks in junior school and had no qualms about traveling in a bus full of boys and I enjoyed drawing the golden duck for those batsmen who failed to hit a single run… Then hockey was and still is a passion...I played some really good hockey and hope to start playing again.
I love swimming and swam competitively in High School and yes I used to row...I love water, I love tubing/sea biscuiting and I love boats….

Comments

Stephanie said…
Hello, I've popped in on your blog now and then, so this was fun to read - to get to know you a little better. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls)

As many times as I’ve heard this poem. It moved me like never before at this point in my life. I almost lost it all. I almost made the choice to lose it all. I almost gave another total control of my future. I almost allowed him to walk away with my sanity, my self worth, and my life. I became unrecognizable and yet God was doing so much in my life.Taking me to world platforms, opening great and effectual doors and taking my gifts before Kings and yet I was casting my pearls before swines. He was so broken and I thought I could save him but in the end both of us needed to be saved.  So often we give so much of our self to one person till there's nothing left for you and you realize you gave some body all your stuff they didn't even have to take it. This is not the full poem I shortened it and personalised it.  Hope it inspires someone to get your stuff back! Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls) ***I personalised and added my own n

The Grace on my life....

But by the  grace  of God I am what I am-  1 Corinthians 15:10 From as far as I can remember even as a little girl the grace of God has always been on my life in such a distinct way. It has been so distinct that it resulted in me being misunderstood and rejected by family and friends and left me apologetic for its presence in my life. By the end of my first term of first grade I had taught myself to read and I  read an entire high school novel and narrated the whole story in the novel to my parents who were shocked at my abilities. By second grade I was reading newspapers with my dad and he liked to move around with me showing off that his 7 year old could read a newspaper. By the time I was in third grade teachers marvelled at my reading abilities.I still have my report cards which say that at the age of 8 I actually read like a 13 year old! I was top of the class; on the few occasions I came second  was inconsolable. I excelled in swimming, hockey and athletics and drama an