Skip to main content

Making peace with my tears...sob,sob,sob..

“No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise for the writer, no surprise for the reader.” ~Robert Frost


I cry easily and often, Happy tears, sad tears, over-the-top tears…I am crier and can now say that I am glad I am. I cry at weddings, I cry when my friends give me gifts as well, I cry when someone makes good speech and I even cry when I am reading a sad book. Out of sheer joy, I cry at church more than anywhere else. When I hear a wondrous truth spoken or a glorious song lifted in praise, when I see a new believer step forward or an old saint read the Scriptures, I'm so overwhelmed with God's presence that tears flow down my cheeks. . I wail loudly and groan in the intercession rooms and then I feel a little awkward afterwards. But now I have finally come to that place where I have made peace with my non-stop tears.
I have a gift of compassion/Mercy gift, I want more than anything to help hurting people in my church who go to the altar for prayer. But the minute I hear their stories, I start weeping, and it would embarrass me until I came across an article that clarified that my teary problem was not an issue but a ministry of tears.
When you weep right along with people, your tears help keep them from feeling foolish. The Bible tells us to 'mourn with those who mourn' (Romans 12:15), and to 'comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God' (2 Corinthians 1:4)…so my tears and your tears help.
I laughed when I came across this verse in the book of Jeremiah 9:17-18
17 This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Consider now! Call for the wailing women to come; send for the most skillful of them.
18 Let them come quickly and wail over us till our eyes overflow with tears and water streams from our eyelids.
After reading the verse above I realized that my crying resume would have qualified me to be among the most skillful of the wailing women so I smiled and made peace with myself.
God can use anything we surrender to him. Laughter and tears. Joys and sorrows. Victories and mistakes. Strengths and weaknesses. We minister to others best when we offer our true selves—"as is"—not waiting until we've cleaned up our act or dried up our tears, but right now, leaks and all.
I remember praying for someone who had been through a painful childhood and been abused, she gave her life to the Lord and she wept and I wept buckets and couldn’t utter any more words as I prayed with her and loved her. And you know what? She knew my heart. And God knew my heart.
Psalm 126:5
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. KJV
Psalm 56:8
Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? KJV

Comments

Prettylyf said…
A crier is good after all
compassion and mercy is truly a gift
ScribblinScribe said…
Compassion is a beautiful thing! The second verse has long been a favorite of mine--so full of pathos. :) Thanks for your kind birthday note and your encouragement! I'm glad you enjoyed "Image of an Outcast". :) Blessings to you, sister.

Popular posts from this blog

Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls)

As many times as I’ve heard this poem. It moved me like never before at this point in my life. I almost lost it all. I almost made the choice to lose it all. I almost gave another total control of my future. I almost allowed him to walk away with my sanity, my self worth, and my life. I became unrecognizable and yet God was doing so much in my life.Taking me to world platforms, opening great and effectual doors and taking my gifts before Kings and yet I was casting my pearls before swines. He was so broken and I thought I could save him but in the end both of us needed to be saved.  So often we give so much of our self to one person till there's nothing left for you and you realize you gave some body all your stuff they didn't even have to take it. This is not the full poem I shortened it and personalised it.  Hope it inspires someone to get your stuff back! Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls) ***I personalised and added my own n

The Grace on my life....

But by the  grace  of God I am what I am-  1 Corinthians 15:10 From as far as I can remember even as a little girl the grace of God has always been on my life in such a distinct way. It has been so distinct that it resulted in me being misunderstood and rejected by family and friends and left me apologetic for its presence in my life. By the end of my first term of first grade I had taught myself to read and I  read an entire high school novel and narrated the whole story in the novel to my parents who were shocked at my abilities. By second grade I was reading newspapers with my dad and he liked to move around with me showing off that his 7 year old could read a newspaper. By the time I was in third grade teachers marvelled at my reading abilities.I still have my report cards which say that at the age of 8 I actually read like a 13 year old! I was top of the class; on the few occasions I came second  was inconsolable. I excelled in swimming, hockey and athletics and drama an