Skip to main content

Jesus is with Us

“Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food;Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls-Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.The Lord God is my strength…”Habakkuk 3:17-19

You know something really encouraging? That we are NOT controlled by our life’s circumstances. That instead, those circumstances are controlled by Jesus. Even when our situations stink, we are not victims. We can’t be. It is impossible because God has a special plan for each of us. He cups our lives in His palms and He is our stability, our security.

I am trying to live right, but its not easy, God had commanded us to love at all costs. Walking the love walk is not an easy walk, You extend a kind gesture and it can be shunned .It takes faith to love another with the God-Love flowing into us. Right now I feel misunderstood, I thought I was helping out someone in my spiritual family who I know has a passion for African Capital Markets and sent him some weekly report that I subscribe to only to receive a cold reply that I should not trouble myself because he has subscribed as well. I was hurt that my genuine intentions were perceived as something else and it hurts but I am still going to praise God and still going to love this fellow church member with the love of God despite even if they drive past me after church even though they know we are going the same direction!!!.

Our love for one another is the fruit, not the root, of our relationship with God. John, the disciple whom Jesus loved, taught that our love for others emerges from our relationship with God; that anyone born of God who knows God will love with the love of God (1 John 4:7, based on NLT).I want to represant the love of Christ in every aspect after all , I may speak in tongues of men and angels and prophecy etc but if I have not love, I am nothing!!!!

I have just been told that I can only get my salary on Friday instead of today and though I wonder how I am going to get to Friday ...with no cash in my bag and an empty fridge and overdue bills...I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.2 Timothy 1:11-13

At the end of it all… I know this. I know that God is in control. He’s the creator of the universe. He made me. He saved me and He has my name written in the palm of His hand!!!. He LOVES me. And if this is part of His plan, then He has a reason!”So, yea… sometimes we want to yell out, “DO-OVER God!” But, in our heart of hearts we know… God is in control. He made us. He saved us. He LOVES us. And our faith rests in Christ, not in our circumstances!BE ENCOURAGED, BECAUSE WHEREVER YOU ARE TODAY… JESUS IS THERE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls)

As many times as I’ve heard this poem. It moved me like never before at this point in my life. I almost lost it all. I almost made the choice to lose it all. I almost gave another total control of my future. I almost allowed him to walk away with my sanity, my self worth, and my life. I became unrecognizable and yet God was doing so much in my life.Taking me to world platforms, opening great and effectual doors and taking my gifts before Kings and yet I was casting my pearls before swines. He was so broken and I thought I could save him but in the end both of us needed to be saved.  So often we give so much of our self to one person till there's nothing left for you and you realize you gave some body all your stuff they didn't even have to take it. This is not the full poem I shortened it and personalised it.  Hope it inspires someone to get your stuff back! Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls) ***I personalised and added my own n

The Grace on my life....

But by the  grace  of God I am what I am-  1 Corinthians 15:10 From as far as I can remember even as a little girl the grace of God has always been on my life in such a distinct way. It has been so distinct that it resulted in me being misunderstood and rejected by family and friends and left me apologetic for its presence in my life. By the end of my first term of first grade I had taught myself to read and I  read an entire high school novel and narrated the whole story in the novel to my parents who were shocked at my abilities. By second grade I was reading newspapers with my dad and he liked to move around with me showing off that his 7 year old could read a newspaper. By the time I was in third grade teachers marvelled at my reading abilities.I still have my report cards which say that at the age of 8 I actually read like a 13 year old! I was top of the class; on the few occasions I came second  was inconsolable. I excelled in swimming, hockey and athletics and drama an