Skip to main content

In Pursuit of Purpose- My Tribute to Dr. Myles Munroe (April 20, 1954- November 9, 2014)


At a time when I wasn't exactly sure what direction my life was taking, an aunt recommended a book by Myles Munroe titled ‘ In Pursuit of Purpose’ and that book changed my life. Growing up I really wanted to be a lawyer, in fact I recall telling my dad when I was 9 that I wanted to be the next Attorney General. Life happened and my A level results did not qualify me to go to Law school and my hopes were dashed. I then didn't know what I wanted to be anymore, I would pay and enroll for many courses and not finish and I was clueless. Then I read Dr. Myles Munro’s book.

I took stock of my life and realised that I enjoyed reading and writing, better still every time I wrote something and published it online I always had a lot of positive feedback. I began to document and file all the feedback I was getting for my writing and then I knew God had used Dr. Myles Munroe to help me discover my purpose. From the feedback I was getting from my readers I was able to gather that most of the feedback was from the really broken and also from women and it was from there that my ministry to women was birthed.I would also get a lot of feedback from what I would write about Zimbabwe from people who also genuinely love Zimbabwe.

Now every time a woman writes to me telling me how much my story of a myriad of painful tragedies in my life have given them courage and they start pouring themselves out to me,I want to do more than pray for them, I want to be a solution. God give me the capacity to publish my works so that other lives may be inspired and find hope. God give me the capacity to build a shelter for vulnerable mothers who have no where to go and don't know where to start. Give me the capacity Lord that I don't just turn them into charity cases but help empower them and equip them to be able to fend for themselves. God I pray give me the capacity to be an agent of change and reformation and rebuilding of my country and continent. Every time I meet like minded people who want to rebuild Zimbabwe or who are Pan- Africanists my heart skips a beat because I really want to see this happen...

Lord at the at end of my life journey I want you to say to me exactly what you are saying to Dr. Myles Munroe right now“Well done good and faithful servant”

“I want to challenge everyone to go to the cemetery and disappoint the graveyard. Die like the Apostle Paul who said I have finished my course, I have kept the faith and I have been poured out like a drink offering. There is nothing left. I am ready to die. That’s how I wanna die because there is nothing else for me left to die,” he told the show’s host, Jeff Koinange. “When you die, die like I am planning to die. Empty. It’s finished,”- Dr. Myles Munroe

And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them. Revelation 14:13


Comments

Pastor Phil said…
A sad loss to the Christian faith indeed. But we thank God that he had emptied himself for the Kingdom...

Popular posts from this blog

Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls)

As many times as I’ve heard this poem. It moved me like never before at this point in my life. I almost lost it all. I almost made the choice to lose it all. I almost gave another total control of my future. I almost allowed him to walk away with my sanity, my self worth, and my life. I became unrecognizable and yet God was doing so much in my life.Taking me to world platforms, opening great and effectual doors and taking my gifts before Kings and yet I was casting my pearls before swines. He was so broken and I thought I could save him but in the end both of us needed to be saved.  So often we give so much of our self to one person till there's nothing left for you and you realize you gave some body all your stuff they didn't even have to take it. This is not the full poem I shortened it and personalised it.  Hope it inspires someone to get your stuff back! Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls) ***I personalised and added my own n

The Grace on my life....

But by the  grace  of God I am what I am-  1 Corinthians 15:10 From as far as I can remember even as a little girl the grace of God has always been on my life in such a distinct way. It has been so distinct that it resulted in me being misunderstood and rejected by family and friends and left me apologetic for its presence in my life. By the end of my first term of first grade I had taught myself to read and I  read an entire high school novel and narrated the whole story in the novel to my parents who were shocked at my abilities. By second grade I was reading newspapers with my dad and he liked to move around with me showing off that his 7 year old could read a newspaper. By the time I was in third grade teachers marvelled at my reading abilities.I still have my report cards which say that at the age of 8 I actually read like a 13 year old! I was top of the class; on the few occasions I came second  was inconsolable. I excelled in swimming, hockey and athletics and drama an