Skip to main content

The Grace on my life....

But by the grace of God I am what I am- 

1 Corinthians 15:10



From as far as I can remember even as a little girl the grace of God has always been on my life in such a distinct way. It has been so distinct that it resulted in me being misunderstood and rejected by family and friends and left me apologetic for its presence in my life. By the end of my first term of first grade I had taught myself to read and I  read an entire high school novel and narrated the whole story in the novel to my parents who were shocked at my abilities. By second grade I was reading newspapers with my dad and he liked to move around with me showing off that his 7 year old could read a newspaper. By the time I was in third grade teachers marvelled at my reading abilities.I still have my report cards which say that at the age of 8 I actually read like a 13 year old! I was top of the class; on the few occasions I came second  was inconsolable. I excelled in swimming, hockey and athletics and drama and arts. My dad would not stop talking about my achievements and blatantly expressed his preference for me over my siblings. Even when my other siblings did well according to their abilities he would not really make noise about it as he did for me his 'genious' as he called me. By the time I was in 4th grade I knew that in 7th grade I was going to be appointed headgirl and I told my parents. Truly 3 years later I was appointed headgirl as I had predicted in my presumption and arrogance .
A divine moment with Dr. Juanita Bynum and myself 


The definition of grace has been summed up by bible scholars to be 'unmerited favour' this is whereby things that you haven't earned happen and grace is also that which takes you to places you know that you do not qualify to be. Grace is taken from the Greek word Charis. Grace is what God bestows on a person in spite of their deeds, background or qualifications.And Grace is what has always set me apart from my siblings and friends. Grace is what caused my dad's nephew the late Vice-President of Zimbabwe Joseph Msika to take me on on a day trip in the helicopter with other cabinet members. I was in high school then and he called my dad to say he wanted to take his mum (me) along with him to see him at work. I have sat and mixed with high profile politicians; even eaten what they ate as well and I was only 15 or 16 I think. I have rode in the presidential motorcade with the same late Vice President  and that has also caused jealousy even among grown up relatives who wanted the same honour. What baffled me then is that when I rode in the Presidential motorcade I was with my other cousin but it seems it was  just me that these relatives did not want to see in the motorcade.Some even insinuated that I would ask him to single me out but because of the grace on my life I didn't have to try hard because my son Joseph Msika loved me and respected me as his maternal aunt. I even became apologetic and would go and sit in the background at his family functions to avoid the outrage but he would still single me out and take me to the high table and shout at them saying "why are you seating her with the commoners when she is my mother." When I went on the trip I had all the other ministers calling me "Amai" as well and being respectful to me because of who had brought me there, that's what the Grace of God does. I have been privileged to sit and talk to some of the national heroes of this great country because of this Grace. 

Grace is what happened last year when a 31 year old girlfriend of mine made into the Zimbabwean government as the youngest Deputy minister and she was invited to be a Guest of Honour at our Old School and asked me to come with her. Grace is the fact that because I attended the function with her I had access to the same privileges with her . Grace is the fact that in her speech she asked me and our other friends to stand as she introduced us and explained the history of  our friendship. I didn't ask her to introduce me neither did I ask to be a VIP it was Grace that got me there. 

When there is a grace on your life even in your winter seasons God will raise mere strangers to provide for you. I have attended a prayer meeting looking so good and then been approached by an elderly lady that she wants to bless me with shoes and gotten the shoes. I have also sat in the front row at a church meeting and the person delivering the Offering message  has also given me a pair of shoes right in front of the whole meeting. When the Grace of God is on your life even when you have no money in your bag God will cause believers to go and empty their wardrobes and dress you like a queen without you having to ask them. It has happened to me unexpectedly so many times that people would have been shocked to hear that the well dressed Taffy has no coin to her name!

When there is a grace on your life ordinary people will not see it but anointed men and women will see it and acknowledge it blatantly. On many occasions I have been singled out by someone who is ministering and received powerful prophecies on my life even when my life has appeared to be contrary to the prophecy. I have had direct access to some phenomenal men and women of God who have spoken into my life, with some taking me under their wings; leaving many to marvel how on earth I have such access but all I can say is its nothing to do with me , its the Grace.

Because of the Grace I joined a mega-church where it was a bit difficult to be visible but in 3 months I got an award at the Young Adults Ministry for my writing! The award blew me away and I knew it wasn't  for me so I gave it as seed to the Women's Ministry Head who was mentoring me and she prayed a blessing on me and double portion of her anointing. As a result of that award which I gave away to that Pastor , my ministry to women has been amplified. A friend asked me to join her and few ladies on the Facebook platform where they have a Proverbs 31 group with a membership of 25 751 members from all over the world and when I post the responses and feedback I get from the ladies is overwhelming but I know that it is not because of me its the Grace so I just say " Not to us LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory."Psalm 115:1

Although I know that the favour on my life has nothing to do with me or my works but the blood of Jesus I am no longer apologetic- I am what I am by the Grace of God period. I have learnt that it is not humility to downgrade and not acknowledge who God has made you to be, neither is it humility to not to accept compliments.  As C.S. Lewis said and I quote "True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less"

Comments

Hmm! Well written, I must say. It is indeed His grace that makes us do that which we would not have done in our own strength!

I also like the closing quote...thinking of oneself less...Hmm...very interesting!

Popular posts from this blog

Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls)

As many times as I’ve heard this poem. It moved me like never before at this point in my life. I almost lost it all. I almost made the choice to lose it all. I almost gave another total control of my future. I almost allowed him to walk away with my sanity, my self worth, and my life. I became unrecognizable and yet God was doing so much in my life.Taking me to world platforms, opening great and effectual doors and taking my gifts before Kings and yet I was casting my pearls before swines. He was so broken and I thought I could save him but in the end both of us needed to be saved.  So often we give so much of our self to one person till there's nothing left for you and you realize you gave some body all your stuff they didn't even have to take it. This is not the full poem I shortened it and personalised it.  Hope it inspires someone to get your stuff back! Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls) ***I personalised and added my own n

PRIDE IN MY ROOTS

Many of those who are African have the iniquity of idolatry, sorcery and many other evil things in their ancestral lineage. As a result, the focus tends to be on the negative to the neglect of the positive traits of our genealogy which are for our good and favour! David took time to find out his genealogy and used that as an advantage to save his parents from Saul in 1 Samuel 22:3 “And David went from there to Mizpah of Moab; and he said to the king of Moab, Let my father [of Moabite descent] and my mother, I pray you, come out [of Judah] and be with you till I know what God will do for me.” David’s ancestor Boaz had broken the cultural norm and regulations and married Ruth the Moabitess and David grabbed that piece of history to his advantage. A positive trait I have found out from my lineage and tribe is the aspect of leadership and influence. Like David, I have wisely taken that legacy for myself and taken my place of leadership and influence. The Mhofu (Eland) clan was the f