Skip to main content

HE MAKES ALL THINGS NEW PART FOUR (FINAL)

After everything that I faced when I had my child out of wedlock. I have learned a lot from my experience : that relatives and friends are more affectionate to you when you are independent and financially stable. It was a painful realisation. I understand what it is to have a low self esteem because you cannot even afford to take care of your child or even provide a roof over her your head and yet one is an adult. But I know what it is like to have God lift up one’s head because he did that for me over and over again. I started looking for a job when my daughter was born but God only miraculously gave me a job a month before my child turned one and yet I never lacked. God would prompt different people to meet different needs. Sometimes I had to ask, and this was the most difficult thing because I have this independent streak in me, probably because I went to boarding school when I was 8.I did not know how to ask and who to ask so I had to learn. Sometimes I swallowed my pride and asked but I didn’t always get but I know now that God was humbling my pride and self sufficiency.

I had God reach down to me in the miry clay and pick me and give me glory and double honour for my shame. A friend of mine says that I am different now, he says I am not proud or judgemental anymore but am pleasant, gracious, humble and more accommodating. He said “your walk has changed, you have a limp now like Jacob.” It’s true I have an understanding of experiencing the love of God in spite of what I did. The transformation from the conniving Jacob the deceiver and supplanter to Israel the one who contends with God is so evident in how dignified Jacob is when he stands before Pharaoh and blesses him and his knowledge and intimacy with God when he bows himself in worship upon his bed’s head in Genesis 47 when Joseph agrees to honour Israel’s request to be buried where his fathers are buried.Its exciting to read about the hero's burial that Jacob gets in Egypt, everything literary stops because a great man of God has died so he is not only mourned by his family but by a nation that he is not even part of, this is what I am talking about- this is God who has made all things new for Jacob.

Indeed God has made all things new. I have always been someone who has struggled to find acceptance. I was always striving to be loved through good deeds and achievements and yet I never got the love and acceptance I was looking for. I moved from church to church, cell group to cell group, job to job, from one unhealthy relationship to another unhealthy relationships and even in a few cases even moved from friend to friend in pursuit of love but all I kept experiencing was rejection But now that I have had God speak tenderly to me and love on me while in sin I am living in Psalm 131 now.

1 My heart is not proud, LORD,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted myself,
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content.

Just like in Zephaniah 3:17 the Lord has quietened me with His love, I am in awe with how he continues to love and bless me with all my imperfections and frailties

Slowly my life is beginning to piece together now, I have a job now that I love and enjoy in the ministry working at my church office. I have settled in a good church, actually I went back to Christ The Rock Ministries the church where I had my baptism of the Holy Spirit when I was still in High School. It’s in Christ The Rock where I had the first prophetic word spoken over me and where my gifting was celebrated even though I was only a teenager and that’s where my spiritual father Bishop George Chigwada is... My daughter and I have moved into our own place (it is not the most ideal neighbourhood but I know that God is working it out) and have food to eat. I can clothe, feed and provide shelter for my child now and that feel good. I lost all the post pregnancy weight and have a great slim figure and have had a few people assume that I am my daughter’s aunt because you see ‘He satisfies my mouth with good things so that my youth is renewed like the like the eagle’s. I look younger than younger women who do not even have babies!!!

In the past I always seemed to attract abusers and men who treated me like all I was worth was my looks but now even that has changed. The calibre of men who pursue me has changed for the better. Decent single godly men show interest in me and now I am like “when I wasn’t a baby mama I couldn’t even get one good Christian brother to like me but now where are all these good guys coming from?” My best friend said “they are now coming to you because you have changed; you know who you are and whose you are so you carry yourself differently.” Indeed I have come to the full knowledge that even though I am a single mum I am a daughter of a King, not just any king but the King of Kings, I am sought after and His delight is in me. The Creator is my husband; The Lord of Hosts is His name. The Holy one of Israel is my redeemer so I walk tall with my head up because He is the lifter of my head and my glory and me and the daughter “whom the Lord has given me are for signs and wonders” according to Isaiah 8:18. So until my prince comes along to share this exciting journey of life with I will continue to be a bride of Christ and a daughter of a KING because He makes all things new!!!!

Now I recall the word that God gave me after I found out that I was pregnant , He told me that the same way that everyone publicly seen my fall from grace was the same way He was going to publicly elevate me from the dust to sit with Princes! So I dream and visualise and wait expectantly to have everyone (especially those who rejoiced when I fell) see the table God has prepared for me just like it is in Psalm 126.

Psa 126:1 A Song of degrees. When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
Psa 126:2 Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.

My prayer is that when the heathen have witnessed my total restoration and elevation and have admitted that the Lord has done great things for Taffy they will also come and taste and see that the Lord is Good and that He Makes All Things New!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
..Never ever would I have thought you had it in you to write this way my sister...the courage to lay bare such personal details only serves to prove that ultimately even our reputations will bow to the name that is above every name, all in the fulfillment of HIS GLORY. With these few words I just wanted to do my bit to fan into araging flame the obvious gofting that HE has blessed you with...Write On!!!
sharon said…
Wow I am awed at the goodness of the Lord. you do inspire me dear.
I LIKE, I LIKE, I LIKE!! So much truth, so much wisdom and so much humility. It kind of reminds me of me in so many ways. The brokenness, the humility, the rejection, the affirming word of GOD, the limp..... and the list goes on and on and on!
I don't know who took my firs comment but I like this so much my sister. There is so much truth, wisdom, brokenness but most of all humility. I identify with you in more ways than one! Truly inspiring. You are going places girl!
Unknown said…
Taffy , this blog has brought me to tears , tears of joy ,of encouragement, of peace , tears that remind me of the Goodness .of the Lord and how He uses the foolish things to confound the wise . Your blog has blessed me this afternoon.God continue to bless u and lead you to an expected end. Love you Angmorkour Hilda Sam
Anonymous said…
Beautiful writing & glad you may not have arrived but you've left. You will marry well in Jesus' name. A delay is not a denial. Such honest writing! May your gift make room for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls)

As many times as I’ve heard this poem. It moved me like never before at this point in my life. I almost lost it all. I almost made the choice to lose it all. I almost gave another total control of my future. I almost allowed him to walk away with my sanity, my self worth, and my life. I became unrecognizable and yet God was doing so much in my life.Taking me to world platforms, opening great and effectual doors and taking my gifts before Kings and yet I was casting my pearls before swines. He was so broken and I thought I could save him but in the end both of us needed to be saved.  So often we give so much of our self to one person till there's nothing left for you and you realize you gave some body all your stuff they didn't even have to take it. This is not the full poem I shortened it and personalised it.  Hope it inspires someone to get your stuff back! Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff (For Colored Girls) ***I personalised and added my own n

The Grace on my life....

But by the  grace  of God I am what I am-  1 Corinthians 15:10 From as far as I can remember even as a little girl the grace of God has always been on my life in such a distinct way. It has been so distinct that it resulted in me being misunderstood and rejected by family and friends and left me apologetic for its presence in my life. By the end of my first term of first grade I had taught myself to read and I  read an entire high school novel and narrated the whole story in the novel to my parents who were shocked at my abilities. By second grade I was reading newspapers with my dad and he liked to move around with me showing off that his 7 year old could read a newspaper. By the time I was in third grade teachers marvelled at my reading abilities.I still have my report cards which say that at the age of 8 I actually read like a 13 year old! I was top of the class; on the few occasions I came second  was inconsolable. I excelled in swimming, hockey and athletics and drama an

PRIDE IN MY ROOTS

Many of those who are African have the iniquity of idolatry, sorcery and many other evil things in their ancestral lineage. As a result, the focus tends to be on the negative to the neglect of the positive traits of our genealogy which are for our good and favour! David took time to find out his genealogy and used that as an advantage to save his parents from Saul in 1 Samuel 22:3 “And David went from there to Mizpah of Moab; and he said to the king of Moab, Let my father [of Moabite descent] and my mother, I pray you, come out [of Judah] and be with you till I know what God will do for me.” David’s ancestor Boaz had broken the cultural norm and regulations and married Ruth the Moabitess and David grabbed that piece of history to his advantage. A positive trait I have found out from my lineage and tribe is the aspect of leadership and influence. Like David, I have wisely taken that legacy for myself and taken my place of leadership and influence. The Mhofu (Eland) clan was the f